I Disclosure of Customer Information
- NSB Bank will not share and/or sell individual customer information to an unaffiliated third party for marketing purposes.
- Customer information will only be disclosed to authorized account owners or signers, and only after identification of that account owner has been verified. Verifying information may include social security number, date of birth, place of birth, mother’s maiden name, signature and/or other identifying information. If the information request is made over the telephone and we are uncertain about the identity of the person requesting the information, we will ask that the request be made in writing or in person.
- NSB Bank employees will not share personal or financial customer information about current or former customers with unaffiliated third parties, except when legally required. NSB may be required to share information in order to comply with federal or state laws or regulations, and government or court orders or when legally permitted to serve the customer’s interests, such as disclosure to reputable credit reporting agencies. Information will only be disclosed to third parties under the following conditions:
- Where it is necessary to complete a transaction initiated by the customer.
- In order to report the existence and condition of an account to companies such as reputable credit bureaus or merchants.
- In order to comply with government or court orders.
- If we have the written permission of the account holder.
- NSB Bank will provide certain customer information to unaffiliated third party companies that we hire to provide us operational support. These unaffiliated third party companies provide services that allow us to complete transactions, such as real estate loans. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, appraisals, title searches, flood certifications, and credit reports. NSB Bank will not knowingly do business with any unaffiliated third party provider or company that uses or sells this information for marketing purposes.
II.Collection, Retention and Use of Information
- NSB Bank may collect, retain and use personal information about a customer. For example, we will obtain a credit report for an auto loan, but only as we believe is reasonably useful in administering our business and to provide products, services, and other opportunities to customers.
III. Maintenance of Accurate Information
- We will correct known inaccurate information in a timely manner.
IV. Employee Access to Information and Enforcement
- Employees of NSB Bank will only have access to customer information on a need to know basis.
V. Internet Information
- NSB Bank recognizes the trust you have placed in us and our responsibilities regarding your financial privacy. It is our responsibility to keep your sensitive financial and personal information confidential. We’ve always had a formal policy to help protect your privacy.
- With the surge in Internet use, it has become even more crucial that we take steps to assure that your private information remains private. NSB Bank’s Privacy Principles Include:
Web Site Security
- NSB Bank has implemented technology to help assure that any sensitive personal information you provide us or any account information you receive on-line is done in a safe and secure manner. Special secure-connection hardware, commonly called firewalls, are in place to help assure the security of online communication of your information.
- Additionally, we have implemented procedures to help assure that only authorized NSB Bank employees may view the information you share with us. This is accomplished by limiting access to that information, via access capability and password control, to only those employees having a legitimate business purpose for viewing or responding to your information or inquiries.
- This is the same procedure we follow for our customers that utilize other banking methods, such as telephone banking or branch banking.
Web Site Privacy
- Our web site includes sections that are public, and areas that are password protected, like our individual customer banking areas.
- When any person visits the public areas of our web site, we may collect certain basic information such as how many people visited our site and what pages were visited.
- Unlike the personal information that you provide and view with respect to your personal banking relationship, which is subject to the security procedures described above, all of the information we may gather in the public areas of our web site is general. We use this general information to determine which parts of our web site are most popular, how people access our site, how we can improve the content of our web pages and how we can improve service to our customers.
- Also included in NSB Bank’s web site is the capability for you to correspond with us. This correspondence, via e-mail, may be for the purpose of asking general questions, requesting literature, or responding to bank promotions. These activities may include sharing some personal information about you with NSB Bank. We collect the e-mail addresses of those who correspond with us, along with any information you provide us, such as site registration or survey information.
- Whether or not you are a customer of NSB Bank, we will collect personal information from you if, and only if, you voluntarily provide that information to us. It is our policy that we will not sell or rent customer information to any unaffiliated third party for marketing purposes.
Your Control of Your Personal Information
- We do not share information with any third parties other than as required by law, regulation or contractual obligations. You should not receive information from another company as a result of providing information to the NSB Bank web site. If you provide us with your postal address, you may receive periodic mailings from us or our affiliates with information on products, services or upcoming events. We encourage you to request any marketing information that interests you from NSB Bank, such as loan rate promotions or deposit account specials.
- If you provide personal information such as e-mail address, name or postal address, and you do not wish to receive e-mail or product information from us in the future, please let us know by indicating your preference by sending us an e-mail or writing us at our address at the bottom of this page.
This statement addresses our policies including Internet information and internal customer information.
Additional inquiries or comments should be addressed to
|Northwoods State Bank
||Northwoods State Bank
||Northwoods State Bank
|2650 4th Street SW
||900 Central Avenue
||451 S. Illinois Ave.
|Mason City, Iowa 50401
||Northwood, Iowa 50459
||Mason City, Iowa 50401